- Kids & Families
- Community Create Space
Summer Reading Buddies @ the St. Croix Falls Public Library
Keeping kids reading over the summer is the best way to have a great school year next fall. The St. Croix Falls Public Library and the St. Croix Falls School District are partnering this summer to keep kids reading through the Reading Buddy program which pairs a reading volunteer with your child for 30 minutes of reading activities once a week.
Reading volunteers will be at the public library on Tuesday mornings 10:00 – 12:00 and Thursday afternoons 1:00 – 3:00. Please register your child (children) before June 6th. Use the form from the your classroom teacher or Register Online! or Print and return to your classroom teacher.
The program will begin the week of June 19 and end the week of August 21. All buddies and readers are invited to join the End of Summer after school party @ the library on Sept 7 for recognition and fun.
A few tips to make Reading Buddies the Best:
• Be present each week; routine is great for kids and very respectful to volunteers
• Communicate! Let the library 715-483-1777 email@example.com or the volunteer know at least one day (if possible) ahead if your child will not be attending a session
• Bring books home to read during the week
• We can’t provide transportation, but car-pooling with other families is a great idea
• If a parent/guardian/babysitter/sibling stays in the library during the session, please allow the reading buddy and your child time without distractions
• Talk to your child about what she or he is reading